Today we had our visit with the Ultrasound tech and my Midwife/OB. I would say that it went fairly well.
The ultrasound took what seemed like forever. He just was not in the mood to cooperate and get measurements done. Gymnastics to do I suppose. Then they couldn’t get his face because he kept it directly smashed into my uterine wall. He is for sure full on heads down and positioned for delivery. I just hope he sticks around longer. After the Tech’s calculations she said he is in the 54th percentile so right on average at 5.2 pounds and about 15.75 inches long. As far as development goes his heart looks awesome and the lungs look pretty good too. So Ian is happy and healthy and that is wonderful.
Next we went and saw my Midwife. We went over the test results from my wonderfully pointless trip to the specialist at U of M. She is very displeased with the doctors conclusion from there. Basically the paperwork said “I don’t know and don’t want to deal with it” so starting at my postpartum visit she wants to start looking into other options to figure out why I am so D resistant. After looking at the results of my non-stress test last week and the ultrasound it was decided that she would skip the vaginal exam to check for progression and the Fetal Fibronectin test for now. Basically she said that baby is developed enough to where she fells that no life saving measures are needed if the baby comes at any point on. Yes, he will more than likely have a short stay in NICU but he will be okay and that is what matters. So for now I have more restrictions. No cooking, cleaning, showering (warm baths from now on) or doing much of anything I can’t accomplish while sitting down. All the baby stuff washed, put away and is set up minus the pack and play that needs to be unboxed and we have tons of batteries to purchase and install. Everything off the registry has been bought minus 3 things but those are for baby proofing so no hurries on that. I was given permission to take quick (short) trips into the store and I can get my much-needed pedicure. she said to call the office and go in if I start feeling contractions again and they will then do an exam and decide if it is actually labor. If not our next appointment is in 2 weeks.
So basically I was told to just wait it out and let nature take its course and not to worry. So that is what we will be doing. Emma has so much coming up at school this month so I hope that this baby thing doesn’t interfere. I need to send dad out to get the stuff for St. Patty’s, Easter and Spirit week at school just in case. Ugh. I don’t think I like the idea of just sending him to do it on his own. Giving up control of things I usually have control of stinks!
Any volunteers to sweep and mop my wood floors and scrub my half bath? Maybe tend to Sally’s tank? She’s giving me that look and she balled up her carpeting and moved her log half across her tank again.