Looks like we made it to week 33. Honestly there were not many doubts with the doctor saying there was only a 5% chance of anything happening in the two weeks after the Fetal Fibronectin test. So no baby yet thank goodness. To be totally honest I am so over being pregnant but not to the point I would want to have him join us yet. So I have been avoiding anything that could trigger labor, soften the cervix or basically speed up the process Not taking any chances.
So this is what is going in utero this week:
- Baby weighs around 4 pounds and is about 17 inches long. About the size of a pineapple.
- His skin is starting to be less red and wrinkly
- Baby’s bones are hardening except for the skull
- My belly has dropped quite a bit this week
- Total weight gain for me is now 31 lbs. Only 4 lbs under what the doctor expected me to gain. I really should be watching the weight, yikes!
We are officially 49 days away from the due date. Such a short time! If we can keep baking until then it may be a miracle but here is to hoping. I have another Fetal Fibronectin test next week as well as an ultrasound so we will see how that goes.
As for today’s happenings Emma has her Advanced Placement Test for the gifted and talented school. We agreed to the testing but I am still not sure that we will even send her if she gets in. Who knows. There is time to decide. I am going to spend some time sitting on my bedroom floor sorting through mountains of clothing. I need to get it done. Last room in the house that needs to be organized and I need to get the bassinet in there.