9 more weeks to go! Or less, I am hoping for a little less. So over pregnancy, I just want to get to the end result!
Here are a few week 31 stats:
- The baby is around 16 inches long
- Weight is on average 3.3 lbs (about the weight of 3 navel oranges), I am thinking it is actually more because I have consistently measured a few ounces ahead. I haven’t had an ultrasound in a few so who knows.
- He is about to hit a growth spurt
- He is very active, they say the head now can move side to side but I think there is a Cirque du Soleil going on in my uterus.
- I have half of my hospital bag packed (just my clothes so far) I will finish after the shower and registry completion.
- We picked the name Ian for Male Fetus. Sorry Kurt at Lost it Big no Kurt or MFer.
Yesterday I did a huge grocery shopping trip! Tons of great stuff on the menu for the next week. Pretty much everything is pretty healthy minus the calzone Emma requested I make. I was lazy and bought dough mix instead of just doing it myself. But all in all this will be my first complete week back to clean eating. I am just going to pretend the calzone is clean, or maybe I will make a salad for myself. Tonight Bulgogi, edamame and rice is on the menu. I need to get that started 5 minutes ago but I decided breakfast and blogging would come first, then dinner, then making cookie dough (not cookies for the house)
I am really looking forward to the baby shower this coming Sunday. Everything is set minus the fact that I need to grab gifts for the hostesses and the first place prize for the diaper raffle. Pat and I decided to host the diaper raffle in lieu of having a diaper party. I never know how I will feel day-to-day or if the baby is going to come early so we figured it would just be easier. I am all for throwing a party but I don’t want to clean my house to have a bunch of men and a keg in it then have to clean more when I am at the end of my pregnancy. i do have Emma’s gift, a locket necklace that I will take her in and let her choose how it is engraved and what picture she would like to put inside. She has been wanting a “real gold or sterling” as she says locket and that is quite the big girl gift so it is perfect for her. One of her grandmothers and great-grandmother and going to have gifts to present to her at the shower too. I love how thoughtful some people are. It is really nice! I have an activity bag for after the baby comes but I decided to give it to her when she goes to the hospital to meet her brother for the first time.
I should hear from the doctor’s office about the yoga I found, hoping I get a yes so I can do something. Been missing working out and I am itching to be a bit more active, even if it is only yoga.
I have my 31 week bump pick to post but I will have to do that later. I left my phone upstairs and it needs to be charged so look out for that later today!