Today marks Day 1 of week 17 of pregnancy, 23 weeks to go! So far this week has been pretty good minus a migraine. But then again today is the first day! Day by Day I am feeling better so The Fetus is finally deciding I can have a break from the bathroom. Even the evenings are getting better, still feel nauseous but not pukey (another word I don’t know if it is really a word) if that make any sense to you.
I have been told and have read that I should have more of an appetite and be hungrier more often but I now have noticed that I am hardly hungry through the day. And starving at dinner than that is it. So I have been force feeding myself here and there because eating nothing until dinner is probably not a good idea.
So at week 17 here are The Fetus’ developments:
At 17 weeks he or she weighs approximately 5 ounces, the size of a turnip, and from head to bottom is approximately 5 inches long, I could not think of a food that is normally 5 inches but I can compare it to the size of a Lark. Sweat glands are now starting to develop as well as The Fetus can move its joints now. The heart is now regulating the brain and he or she is starting to learn to suck and swallow. Body fat is also beginning to develop. The Fetus’s cartilage is turning into bone and the umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger.
I decided to add pregnancy symptoms to each Monday Bump Pic Post 🙂
Week 17 Pregnancy symptoms:
- Increased appetite : Mine has actually decreased
- Heartburn and indigestion: Yep, like a Mother… Tums are my friend!
- Flatulence: This too L
- Headaches: Not sure because I had migraine problems prior to pregnancy
- Faintness and dizziness: Darn tootin’ I am dizzy and light-headed often. I had fainting spells with Emma.
- Backaches: Nothing out of the norm yet, minus pain from my tumble-down the stairs
- Stretch marks: no new one to report
- Feeling off-balance: I never had balance to begin with. Hence my need to fall down steps
- Dry eyes: Not a problem
- Possibly feeling fetal movement: I have experience quickening for a couple of weeks now.