Today there is definitely some sown time so it is time for me to follow through accepting some lovely awards from fellow bloggers. With summer comes a plethora of fun and exciting activities, vacations, weddings, yard work and other busy work to do. This being said I have gotten behind on my blogging. With all the inconsistent posting here I am very glad so many of you have stuck with me and have kept reading. you all are the best! And let’s not get started on how I haven’t been able to read your blogs as much as I would like to this summer.
Starting this blog was more of a selfish thing. I needed a way to keep track of my get fit and healthy journey. Also a way to be kept accountable was needed. Falling off the wagon is to easy when you feel that there is no one watching in the first place. So thank you readers for helping to keep me on track, motivated as well as supported. It is wonderful that I have found so many people who are so much like myself and working toward the same goals. It is like Weight Watchers meetings without counting points or paying fees. After so many months of being here my motives have changed a bit. Getting messages/comments about how I can inspire, support and motivate others to get fit and be at their best has been more than flattering. Hearing about how others enjoy reading my random ramblings is amazing.
Honestly I can say that recently I have been falling off track. Workouts have suffered due to vacation and my knee, food I did well at until I got lazy last week. It has not been terrible really but not as clean as it should be. So that do-over that was blogged about is definitely going to happen. And very soon. So watch out world (and interwebs)! You won’t even know what hit you.
Over the past few weeks I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award as well as The Very Inspiring Blogger award by Your Truth Diet and Girl of the Hour. Be sure to click their link and check out their amazing blogs. These women rock!
So now it is time to fulfill the obligations of accepting these awards. Here is what I have to do:
- Display the award logo somewhere on the blog.
- Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and provide links to their blogs.
- Notify those bloggers that they have been nominated and of the award’s requirements
So here we go!
1. Display award logo: Already done (see above)
2. Link who nominated me: Ditto!
3. Seven things about myself:
1. I hate getting dressed for the most part and would wear PJs all day if I could. But I think wearing PJs in public is a crime against fashion and nature. Don’t do it. I will mock you.
2. Speaking of getting dressed when I do get dressed I prefer to wear dresses. One of my favorite things about losing weight is that I can wear more dresses, in the summer they are cooler than anything else and more flattering than shorts (for me).
3. I love sushi and sashimi and can eat it daily, maybe even for three meals a day. So yummy!
4. My daughter is the girliest tomboy ever. Girl clothes, make up and perfume but no girlie toys minus Hello Kitty and Monster High. Everything else is dinosaurs, dragons, pirates, ninjas, baseball and video games. She also loves hunting for frogs, toads and bugs and loves snakes and lizards. I am glad I get to frilly pretty clothes and bows but am glad she is not afraid to get out there and get dirty. And honestly, I don’t know if i would want to sit and play Barbie for the next 6 years on a daily basis.
5. Sally my bearded dragon is giving me the evil eye right now because she wants me to get her more lizard salad instead of blogging. I love lizards.
6. I love beer and wine, even when clean eating at full force I can not give up my occasional glass of beer or wine (sometimes the entire bottle). Just.Can’t.Do.It.
7. It is really nice to have friends who are cleaning up their diets and working out more. It has made going out to dinners and socializing much easier. When you can agree on a place that is no longer all burgers, fries and heavy foods it is really nice. having to be the odd man out and order like a crazy person just to get a mediocre meal sucked. it really made me feel like I was putting everyone off, including the staff at the restaurant.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs: Wow, this is a tough one, I love so many bloggers.
- Journey To Awesomehood
- Idiot Runner Girl
- Couch to Tough Mudder
- Everyday is the First Day
- Fit for a year
- Fork in My Eye
- 100 Pounds in 1 Year
- The Weight Run Down
- [existential detective]
5. Notify my nominees: Getting on that right now